MBBS in Canada
Canada is one of the front runners in offering high quality Education for both Canadians and international students. MBBS is one of the most sought after degree in Canada. For many reasons, Apex International and students from other countries choose Canada as preferred destination to study MBBS. When you search about studying MBBS in Canada, you can see the healthy discussions happening around MBBS in Canada Quota.
Canada has set very high academic standards. It follows rigorous quality in education. Apparently, whoever gets admission to study MBBS in this country earn high quality teaching, exposure and hands on training. It opens a pool of opportunities for your future, which benefits your career in a very long run.
Admission Requirements for MBBS in Canada
Criteria for MBBS Admission in Canada
In Canada, Canadian medical schools and colleges do not offer any Undergraduate MBBS programs. Eventually, there is literally no course offered in MBBS directly to students after completion of schooling. These universities provide MD Courses. The basic qualification / requirement to enroll in the doctor of medicine program is completion of Bachelor degree or undergraduate degree from an recognized university.
Medical programs in Canada generally vary from 3 to 5 years courses. The duration of the course vary with choice of university and student's background. First year generally reads as preparatory year for the students who apply without science degree, where the course duration lasts for 5 year. To enroll in 4 year bachelor program, students should have a bachelor degree in Biology or science.
Language Proficiency Test
The basic entry requirement or eligibility to join MBBS in Canada is language proficiency in English. All Canadian institutes mandate the fluency in English as basic eligibility requirement. Since the quality of education is above par the global standards, international students should possess the competency. Students can either choose IELTS or TOEFL exam to validate their language proficiency. For undergraduate courses, students should get a minimum score of 6.5 and for post graduate score, it should be 7 in IELTS. In case of TOEFL exam, the score should be minimum 80 for undergraduate and 90 for post graduate courses.
- Most of the universities in Canada enroll students
If you wish to get direct admission in MBBS in Canada, you have to complete undergraduate science course. Most of the universities directly enroll the students with high academic performance, who has the degree related to biological sciences.
However, to enroll without a bachelor's degree, you can try for medical schools in Quebec. They accept the applications and enroll students for MBBS in Quebec. The entry requirement is 10+2 qualification and 1 year diploma program in CEGEP.
To study MBBS in Western Canada, 2 year bachelor degree is required.
MCAT Medical College Admission Test marks the basic entrance exam to screen the application of MBBS, which fetches admission in the top medical colleges. It is common entrance exam in US that screens the medical degree applicants.
Getting qualified in MCAT is another mandatory requirement to study any medical in many of the medical schools or colleges in Canada. However, MCAT qualifications and other requisites vary with a few universities in Canada.
- University of Ottawa does not require MCAT score from international students in any country, as their teaching is in bilingual.
- Northern Ontario School of Medicine also doesn't require any candidate to qualify in MCAT exam for MBBS Admissions
2019 International Schedule (TEST DATE & RESULT) for USA & CANADA, Medical College Admission Test (MCAT)
Advantages of studying MBBS in Canada for Apex International 2018
- Shape your future with international degree, Has a reputation across the globe
- World class education, inspirational teaching and infrastructure
- Masters degree in Medicine, since Canada don't offer Undergraduate MBBS program
- Diversity in study
- Pioneer in the research
- Rich cultural experience, because in Canada you can see students from different parts of the world
- Lot of Scholarships available, which makes study of medicine in Canada affordable
- Canada provides excellent job opportunities for the medical students, lucrative salary package / revenue, and a comfortable lifestyle along with high safety.
List of Medical colleges in Canada for international students
- University of Manitoba
- University of Western Ontario
- Canadian Mennonite University
- Queen's University
- Trinity Western University
- University of Fraser Valley
- University of Waterloo
- University of Alberta
- University of Calgary
- University of Victoria
Cost of Studying MBBS in Canada
On a comparison with other countries, the average cost of studying medicine in Canada is very much affordable. Students are likely to spend around C$ 40,000 and C$ 55,000 per year, which covers both tuition fee and living expenses. Cost of living is affordable. It is easy to live a quality life while studying in the country.
Any Canadian degree comes with international recognition. Students who opt to study medicine in Canada need not take additional screening tests or exams to practice medicine in their hometown. Especially, APEX INTERNATIONAL can start practicing medicine in India immediately after completion of the medical program, which is approved by Indian medical council.
Admission Procedure For Canada
The basic steps for applying Canada for admission are:
- To identify universities/Colleges and the course you are interested
- Complete all entrance/language tests required by the universities towards your proposed course
- Collect required application forms from the website or by request to universities.
- Arrange and prepare essays and recommendation letters
- Complete and send application forms along with required documents
- Apply for VISA after obtaining an admission offer letter from the College/University
While selecting the right course and University keep in mind the following points ?
- Your academic grades (including achievements)
- Test scores (GRE/GMAT/SAT/TOEFL/IELTS)
- Your financial capacity
- Major (Specialization) subjects that you are interested in
- Term of entry (Fall/Summer/Spring)
- The rank and reputation of the University
- The student to faculty ratio of the college
- The location of the school (Big City/Small town/Rural setup)
- The climatic conditions (not to be stressed, unless you have health constraints)
A pre-application is a tentative list of schools that you would like to apply to. On the basis of your academic profile, your probable test scores and financial ability to compile a list of universities to which you must send a letter requesting further information. At this stage, you can write to the selected 5-10 universities. You can directly request application materials from the universities. There are three ways to get application forms.
- Requesting Application Forms via email
- Requesting Application Forms via Air Mail
- Downloading from the university website
Documents Required For Admission
- Completed Application form
- Essay/s or writing sample
- Statement of Purpose required for graduates
- Resume for MBA Students
- Official score reports of IELTS/TOEFL/GRE/GMAT/SAT
- Letter from Bank stating ? funds available for study
- Affidavit of Financial Support
- Official Transcripts and Mark sheets from College or University
- Certificates of Extracurricular Activities
Letter of reference or recommendation letter plays a very important role in the admission process especially for Master's and Doctoral courses. A recommendation letter is a signed statement from a person who knows you well professionally or has taught you in a subject that is related to the course you are applying to. It should list your positive and negative qualities, strengths and weaknesses, your character and integrity and other such information.
The author or teacher must indicate his position, how long he/she has known the applicant and in what capacity. He/she should briefly discuss the need, importance and usefulness of the study the applicant proposes to undertake. Authors are usually asked to rank applicants in their letters of recommendation, which helps admission officers to interpret the academic credentials of foreign students. Students should obtain letters of recommendation (often on the prescribed forms sent by the institutions) from teachers who know them as a person as well as a student. You may like to request your author to give concrete examples that may show your qualities and help your case.
Essays / Statement of Purpose
The personal essays, and/or statement of purpose, also play a very important role in the process of evaluating your application for both admission as well as financial aid because it gives the faculty, assessing your application, information about you as an individual. For MBA candidates this is probably the most important criterion. In the statement of purpose, which must be concise, the student must define his or her academic goals, and/or research plans. It should include justification for choosing the academic program and specialization, and for selecting the particular college as well as the advantages and benefit of studying that particular course.
Canada Student Visa Document Checklist for SPP Admission
Notarize Copy Is Require
Provisional Degree Certificate / Bona Fide Certificate
Notarize Copy Is Require
All Mark Sheets
All Mark Sheets Notarize Copy Is Require (Including Backlog Mark Sheet)
Notarize Copy Is Require
Notarize Copy Is Require
Score Card Or Date Confirmation
Resume Must Include Student's Personal Detail, Education Detail And Work Experience Detail (If Work Exp. Having)
Front And Back Side Of Passport Notarize Copy Is Require
Work Experience Letter (If Have)
Offer Letter, Work Experience Letter Require If Anyone Having Work Experience
Extra Curriculum Certificate (If Have)
Any Extra Curriculum Activities Certificate
Check List For Student Visa For Canada
Indian students applying to Canadian universities can now expect a faster visa processing time, thanks to the newly launched student visa program. With effect from June 8, 2018, the Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada has launched a new program namely Student Direct Stream (SDS) to make processing times faster for students from India, China, Philippines, and Vietnam. The SDS program is supposedly replacing, SPP the previous student visa program which also facilitated a faster visa process.
As per the newly introduced SDS program, students must meet a certain set of criteria, stricter than those compared to the erstwhile SPP.
For Indian students, following are the new eligibility requirements, which must be fulfilled
- 1. Candidates must have scored a minimum score of 6 bands in each module for both UG & PG courses.
- 2. Students must pay full tuition fees for the first year of study.
- 3. Students must buy a Guaranteed Investment of Certificate (GIC) of $10000.
- 4. Colleges and institutions applied by the students must have a registered Designated Learning Institutions (DLI) number.
List of documents required for SDS visa application:
- Copy of your acceptance letter from the DLI.
- Copy of your upfront medical examination confirmation.
- Proof of GIC payment of $10000.
- Proof of payment of first-year tuition fee.
- Proof of English language requirements that is IELTS score of 6 in each module or the candidate must have graduated from a Canadian curriculum high school.
Under this new program, all with a registered DLI number will come under SDS. Unlike SPP, which allowed international students to apply to only 40 odd PSI institutions, the SDS now is open to any college and university with the valid DLI number. The visa processing time for SDS student visa applications will be around 45 days or less. For non SDS programs the processing time will be the same as regular processing times which is around 7 weeks.
Advantages of applying through SDS
- Faster visa processing time
- Less financial documentation
Summing up, here are the main highlights:
- 1. Visa processing time reduced to 45 days.
- 2. Every college and institution having a registered
- DLI comes under SDS increasing the options for students.
- 3. GIC payment of $10000
- 4. Payment of full tuition for the first year
- 5. Medical examination to be taken one week before submitting the application.
- 6. Have an IELTS of 6 in each module.
- The SDS program seems to be a breather for Indian students who can now hope for a faster visa, more options, and opportunities for jobs and PR.
Steps From Application to Visa
- Program and College/University Selection according to the profile
- Guidance for Documents preparation for Admission
- Do Conditional to Unconditional offer letter (If you have unconditional offer letter)
- Payment of Tuition fees (1st Semester fees)
- GIC Process (Create GIC account and Pay $ 10,200)
- Do Medical (From Panel Physicians from your city)
- Prepare visa file
- Visit VFS for File Submission
Education without Boundaries
- NO MORE LONG TERM COACHING JOIN MD DIRECTLY IN CANADA / USA
- (Long Term Coaching Kills your Confidence Levels Be Positive about Your Career)
- (YOU ARE THE CREATOR OF YOUR OWN DESTENY)
- Life Time Opportunity for Medical Aspirants Globally
- NO NEET / NO FMGE
- MBBS + MD IN CANADA & TRANSFER PROGRAM TO USA
- (With or without MCAT)
- STUDY, WORK AND SETTLE in Medical Career
- After 3 years Students are Eligible to Continue Studies with Federal Government Fund
- And Part Time Job Options in Canada / USA.
- Based on the Score in MCAT Test in Canada students will be placed in the Universities for MD
- 4 years Program, After 4 and 5th year students will be Graduated for Bachelor of Medicine Degree,
- After 6 & 7th year Completing Doctor of Medicine ( MD ) Degree.
- Option for USA ; 2 years Hospital Practice with Salary ,AMERICAN LICENSING EXAM 1,2 & 3
- WORK FOR 2 YEARS AS A JUNIOR DOCTOR WITH SALARY IN USA;
- MD (Doctor of Medicine)can Eligible to work Without Licensing Exam World Wide/
- Courses are Recognized Worldwide from;
- MCI (Medical Council Of India ) / ECFMG /AMC ( Australian Medical Council ) / FLAB-UK / USMLE ? USA / MBC- CALIFORNIA,USA / AMEEE ? Chicago ( USA )/ IACME / WHO / FAIMER / WDOMS/CACMS/ ?Etc.
- Step 1 ; Students who wish to pursue Medical Education ( MBBS + MD ) in Canada / USA after completing 12 th grade with 60% Marks in PCBE? can enroll in Pre- Medical / Rural Pre- Medical / BS ? Health sciences total 90 credits Duration; 2 ? 3 years. its like 1 year pre-Medical, 1 year pre-clinical/ Clinical course pattern is same but it is called in different names depends on college to college .
- Step 2 ; They are going to appear for MCAT ( Medical College Admission Test ) as per the rank in the test they can apply for MD Program in Canada / USA, also we provide P.R ( permanent Residency ) in Canada ,you are became permanent resident in Canada, ?there are few Medical Universities in Canada enrolling students for MD Program without MCAT also.
- USMLE STEP 1; With Clinical science 2 years in Canada/USA
- USMLE STEP 2; ( CK& CS ; Clinical Knowledge & Clinical Skills ) Meanwhile you are doing while doing Residency you are going to earn US$ 5000-8000 per month in USA and in Canada appx C$ 800-12000/- per Month.